CUITe Framework (Coded UI Test)
This weekend I came across a new development in VS Coded UI Testing. Called CUITe (Coded UI Test Enhanced). This is a codeplex project. It is a wrapper over visual studio’s coded UI test framework. Following are some very interesting features worth trying. I am sure whole automated functional testing community has faced lot of issues with Coded UI test. Specially with code maintainability and readability. This wrapper has tried to answer these two. So, here are some interesting things about CUITe.
- Simple to setup and use. Just install and refer to one dll “CUITe.dll” in your automation project.
- It keeps UI Object definitions separate from automation code. BIG Relief.
- Web Automation: Treat table as Table.
- Support for Custom UI objects.
- Supports SilverLight and whatever Coded UI Test supports underneath.
- No more misnomer UI object type names.
- Common behavior has been moved to base classes.
- Automation code becomes more readable and maintainable.
Interesting feature. Which can be used to handle some tricky situations. For example invoking context menus on web pages which sometimes can not be invoked by mouse click API.